Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #161
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Those minutes don't exist, because it's not going to happen.
That makes some sense. It's very sad to me, though, because I think he can and should be prepped to take over Jet's role this year.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #162
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this year for roddy is out of the barn. If he'd not missed most of the year then possibly. I would be shocked if he could handle the heat of a playoff. He's never shown me to have that type of intestinal fortitude.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #163
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I would be shocked if he could handle the heat of a playoff
He seemed to handle the Spurs just fine. That small little contribution nearly brought the team back into the series. I'm sure the FO is counting on him to score a lot in a few minutes like he did then and did last night.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #164
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

The members of the Church of Carisle Krew, ill refer to them as COCKS to shorten, need to stop PMSing everytime someone slightly criticizes Rick. I know some go way overboard and call for his firing everyday, but the people that point out slight flaws in his rotation aren't mav-hating, carlisle-cursing nazis like some COCKS treat them as.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #165
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of folks really want Roddy to take over the 2nd scorer role from Jet because Jet has failed us time and time again in the playoffs. And that's where Caron's injury hurts us, because Jet would be really good as a 3rd scorer. If Jet's jumpshot disappears in the playoffs, it's Dirk and TC vs the other team essentially.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #166
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
That makes some sense. It's very sad to me, though, because I think he can and should be prepped to take over Jet's role this year.
You're still stuck in preseason-mode.

The idea that Rodrigue Beaubois could take over for Jason Terry this season disappeared when he got injured for 6 months. There's no way in hell that a sophomore who missed training camp and over half the season is going to supplant a current 6th Man of the Year candidate in the playoffs.

We might see flashes of Roddy's brilliance here & there, but there's absolutely no reason to take minutes away from JET when he's playing arguably the best basketball of his career. Hell, there's no guarantee that Roddy will EVER play at the level Terry's playing at right now...

Don't get me wrong - I think Roddy shows more overall potential than either Josh Howard or Devin Harris ever did, but his injury gave too many other players opportunities to step up and earn minutes (and wins) this season.

You can't blame Carlisle for sticking with what works, especially sitting at #2 in the West after going 18-2 over the last 20...

Roddy should've drank his milk.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-07-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #167
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
The members of the Church of Carisle Krew, ill refer to them as COCKS to shorten, need to stop PMSing everytime someone slightly criticizes Rick. I know some go way overboard and call for his firing everyday, but the people that point out slight flaws in his rotation aren't mav-hating, carlisle-cursing nazis like some COCKS treat them as.
So.. I'm confused, do I like cocks? Am I a Cock? I mean, I like Carlisle and most of his rotations.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #168
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

What is with this magical ability that Booby has to turn d-m.com into db.com?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #169
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Can't complain too much since we've been winning so much and our last two losses were by 1pt each...
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #170
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He seemed to handle the Spurs just fine. That small little contribution nearly brought the team back into the series. I'm sure the FO is counting on him to score a lot in a few minutes like he did then and did last night.
Way overboard.. No he didn't. Giving him that much credit for "almost turning the series around" is also way overboard. He came in and was hot. It wasn't a tight game, it was pretty close to garbage time in some respects, he didn't have to execute down the stretch. He didn't have to hit shots in the fourth.
Roddy enters in the second quarter...

6:13 Rodrigue Beaubois enters the game for Jason Terry 16-35

And the mavs cut the lead down to 34-47 and Roddy starts the third.

End of the 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter Summary... Score 34-47 spurs.

Start of the 3rd Quarter 11:45Dirk Nowitzki makes 8-foot two point shot (Jason Kidd assists) 36-47

By the end of the third the score is 63-70 spurs.

Roddy sits out until 2:44 left and the mavs were still down by 8. He committed a foul, tony parker stole the ball, he committed another foul against manu and missed a 3ptr.

It shows me that he can score, he can foul also (he had 4 in 21minutes). It's too small a sample size to say one way or the other whether he can perform in the playoffs...but history sure says the answer is no. Not until he gets into it some more and in some clutch games. No doubt he could use some end game experience but just giving it to him with 20 games left is a pretty risky call imo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 03-07-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #171
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
What is with this magical ability that Booby has to turn d-m.com into db.com?
ur face has magically turned into db.com

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #172
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Quite frankly...this should be flagged...you know...you can **** my church of carklisle krew...
Old 03-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #173
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You're still stuck in preseason-mode.
well, you're stuck on regular season mode.

Quote:
There's no way in hell that a sophomore who missed training camp and over half the season is going to supplant a current 6th Man of the Year candidate in the playoffs.
Hell, there's no guarantee that Roddy will EVER play at the level Terry's playing at right now...
You can't blame Carlisle for sticking with what works, especially sitting at #2 in the West after going 18-2 over the last 20...
equally:
There's no way in hell that Terry plays through the playoffs like the 6th man of the Year candidate
. . .
no guarantee that Terry will EVER play as well as he did way back whenever when he had that one good series.
. . .
sticking with Terry doesn't work in the playoffs.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #174
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
. . .
no guarantee that Terry will EVER play as well as he did way back whenever when he had that one good series.
. . .
Do you really think Terry has only had one good playoff series for the Mavs? I sincerely hope this is rhetoric.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote