Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-18-2017, 12:42 AM   #41
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The Mavs were in full-on tank mode today.... Maybe the FO liked what they saw out of Markkanen yesterday (or Dennis Smith's stock has dropped enough) to get them looking at a top-10 pick differently?
Markkanen could be there if Mavs end up with the 12-15 pick I bet.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2017, 01:39 AM   #42
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Markkanen could be there if Mavs end up with the 12-15 pick I bet.
I am yet to see anyone projecting Markkanen going outside top10.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:46 AM   #43
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Rick overplaying Matthews will go down as one of his biggest coaching blunders. I know it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of his great coaching career, but it sure is obvious now. He and Wes seem to be too pig headed to do anything about it. It's as if they are both begging for another injury. Running injury prone vets into the ground needs to end completely next season. It doesn't work, and the vets don't last.
Great coach but sure has a couple of glaring blind spots.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:47 AM   #44
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
It's ok guys. Only 27 of our 102m cap next year is going to Wes and Dwight Powell. No big deal.
I hope they didn't miss their window to sell high
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #45
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I am yet to see anyone projecting Markkanen going outside top10.
It'll happen when Miles Bridges, Monk, or even Bam Adebayo's stock go up during March madness. If Arizona doesn't make it to the final 4. Then Markkanen for sure could end up 10-15.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:20 PM   #46
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Great coach but sure has a couple of glaring blind spots.
I'm not disagreeing with the criticism...but neither would I be surprised if Carlisle had a fairly good set of reasons for these things, like playing Matthews so much. I think some coaches do do things without really thinking it through...but Carlisle doesn't strike me as one of them. Not that we might disagree with him; I just wouldn't really think they are 'blind spots'.

But, most humans do have them, so maybe they are.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote