Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-26-2001, 09:45 AM   #41
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Now taking our salary situation, Obviously DJ would be the Mark Cuban. Who do we max out on the team??? Who would would hurt the board the most if they left the board?????

I'm seeing myself more in the Booth range actually. Brought enough to the board that I might be expendable but in all reality, YOU WANT ME TO STAY. So I'm assuming I'm at the $4Mill range. If I had to vote on someone maxing out, I'm voting Mav or Rob?
Old 06-26-2001, 09:51 AM   #42
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i know i bring the most to the team... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

truthfully, i'm more in the buckner price range as far as my posting goes... quality minutes off the bench....
Old 06-26-2001, 10:04 AM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i vote for releasing thekid ;-) ...in an effort to bring more quality posts to the board, we should sign tom house from fisher's website ..sign him to the 4.1 million exception.
the mavinator is lucky to get the veteran minimum.
the crippler needs to get some more playing time to give the board a little more attitude.....and i'd say bring lam0015 back for extra attitude off of the bench....he can definitely get under the skin of the opposing team
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 10:05 AM   #44
TheKid
Diamond Member

So what do you expect your contract to be. Mine was approximately 3 year $14. That breaks down to $4Mill a year with a $2Mil signing bonus. Atleast that's what my agent is trying to negotiate for me. However I hear the GM DJ can be quite the bargainer.
Old 06-26-2001, 10:08 AM   #45
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm a team player...lets sign what free agents we need, then we can discuss my contract extension
Old 06-26-2001, 10:10 AM   #46
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well Murph, you want me to go huh? Well you're going to have to buy my contract out then. I have three years left are you willing to spend that type of money to get rid of me??????
Old 06-26-2001, 10:15 AM   #47
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Sign the guys we need to improve the team and I'll take whatevers left over. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 10:18 AM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

well...i think it would be in the best interest of the team to just eat your contract......
actually, i'll take a pay cut from 10 mil to 6 mil to cover your contract.

or, we could trade you to chicago for a CBA player to be named later
Old 06-26-2001, 10:20 AM   #49
Murphy3
Guru

i'm just messing with you...we do need someone that can hit from the outside.
you up to it?
Old 06-26-2001, 10:48 AM   #50
TheKid
Diamond Member

ALWAYS up to it!!! Oh you trying to use that philosophy that the Mavs used with Juwan huh????
Old 06-26-2001, 10:52 AM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

the mavs had no philosophy with juwan
i think they signed him for shock value....that's all
Old 06-26-2001, 02:38 PM   #52
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Murphy just hates me 'cause he doesn't get any of my jokes...
Old 06-26-2001, 04:13 PM   #53
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Has Murph been granted the GM job? Id like to apply for this position. My days as a superstar in this league are diminishing, so Id take my stab at being the coach or GM.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 09:57 AM   #54
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I guess contract talks have hit a stand still. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2001, 10:50 AM   #55
TheKid
Diamond Member

After the draft and free agency doesn't officially start until July 1!
Old 06-27-2001, 12:03 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

rob, how much do you want?
the club had an option to opt out of thekid's contract...he's gone.

i was thinking we'd go ahead and max out your contract
Old 06-27-2001, 01:58 PM   #57
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

If Kid is off the team, I'm gonna hold out untill they decide to pick-up his option. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Btw, why are you talking about contracts extensions? I though that was DJ Cubans job.

Old 06-27-2001, 02:06 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

just for shock value
giving gm dj cuban a few ideas, that's all
Old 06-27-2001, 02:49 PM   #59
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well if you're the GM sell the team!!!
Old 06-27-2001, 03:05 PM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

not the gm..only giving suggestions to dj
Old 06-27-2001, 03:11 PM   #61
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm content with the Mark Cuban role, so if anyone's interested in the GM position, I'm now taking applications [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 03:25 PM   #62
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Hey...I just want to play.
Old 06-27-2001, 03:26 PM   #63
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Oh yeah...are we taking over an existing team or do we need a name?
Old 06-27-2001, 03:52 PM   #64
Murphy3
Guru

no flying tiger, you can't play

just kidding, we could always use a brute off the bench
Old 06-27-2001, 04:15 PM   #65
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Brute off the bench? Did you read the original posts? I'm a starter on all the lineups except theKid's or Rob's (I get the Grinches confised). And that was because of my age...which I believe doesn't factor in unless you're too old.
Old 06-27-2001, 04:20 PM   #66
Murphy3
Guru

haha, calm down..
just wanted to see if you had any fire in you.