Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-09-2004, 10:35 PM   #161
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas @ Atlanta: Gameday Thread

I wonder if Cuban would let me run the team for a month. Cuban said that one ref couldn't run a Dairy Queen. I firmly believe this and it is not because I'm full of myself. I believe I could coach the Mavs right now and do just as good as Nellie has done with this team. And my "brain trust will include Outlet, kg_veteran, and MavsKiki. Us 4 couyld do just fine with this team.

Why do I believe it? Because what credentials do you need to coach? Exactly. A chance combined with experience.

But I will tell you this: on my team there will be a pecking order. Everyone will have roles. Every one will know how many minutes they'll play and with whom they will play with... Everything will be consistent, because that is the biggest key to winning in the NBA.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #162
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MikeB
Muphy3 said:
"When someone gets commits a turnover, we all understand that they are not having a small apple pastry placed in a mental institution. "

LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah, most of us have a pretty good grasp of the terminology involved with NBA basketball.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #163
DallasFan1980

DallasFan1980 is on a distinguished road

These stats are misleading.
Walkers shots came when we were already down . (taking a 3 when the lead was down to 6 isn't the reason we lost this game)
Nash's turnovers came while we were either ahead or about to be ahead and all of Dirk's misses came in the key moments of losing our lead.
I don't remember Finely's part in this except some missed shots.

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
4th quarter stats:

Walker (8) 1-5, 0-3, 2pts, 2rbs, 1to

Dirk (12) 3-7, 0-3, 6pts, 5rbs, 2to's

Finley (12) 3-7, 2-4, 0-1, 8pts, 6rbs

Nash (12) 3-4, 0-1, 4as, 3to's

Jamison (6) 0-2
DallasFan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #164
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see you try Bayliss.

The fact is you wouldnt do any better than Nelson if your team played as lazily as we did tonight.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #165
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

Bayliss

Let me be one of the rookie assistant coaches..ok?
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:39 PM   #166
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let me be one of the rookie assistant coaches..ok?
Let's see.... the Mavs have about 80. So why not? What type of assistant you want to be? Defense? Big man? Developmental? Scouting?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:42 PM   #167
MikeB
Golden Member

Default RE: Dallas @ Atlanta: Gameday Thread

Toughness!

I was a DT in high school and am a large tough 6'0 270lbs who believes in putting a body on someone. Whenever I play bball I don't always get the rebound...but I know if I don't...the man I'm guarding won't either.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:48 PM   #168
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Quote:
small with a seven footer at center?

You want Williams (6'10") or Fortson (6'7") to play? Would that be a bigger lineup?
Which player is more physical? Dirk or Fortson/Williams?

Which player uses their body to bang around? Dirk or Fortson/Williams?

Whih player is best to commit hard fouls? Dirk or Fortson/Williams?

Which player is best suited to sit the bench if in foul trouble? Dirk or Fortson/Williams?

Dirk may be taller but the other play more of a physical game. And Wouldn't you love to have Dirk's length combined with one of the others? Dirk creates more havoc in the 10-15 foot range getting steals than he does in the 5 foot range trying to body up people and blocking shots.
Y'all get off her. You're working in far too subtle a conceptual plane to expect her to grasp it.
Do not insult me one more time, Kiki.

Cry like a girl. I bet you shoot like one too. For the record, YOU started the exchange with your comment about opporuniists. And then you chirp about your wounded "reputation", as if I could debase it further than you do in your posts.

Please do not PM me again.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:48 PM   #169
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MikeB
Toughness!

I was a DT in high school and am a large tough 6'0 270lbs who believes in putting a body on someone. Whenever I play bball I don't always get the rebound...but I know if I don't...the man I'm guarding won't either.
Too bad the NBA has foul rules. Then we could just play on springed-matts.

If Nowitzki, Williams or Fortson pulled that crap they would be fouled out quick.

Old 02-09-2004, 10:51 PM   #170
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas @ Atlanta: Gameday Thread

Erica, if I remember correctly, you have thrown out more than your share of insults directed at Mavskiki including accusing him of being a knee jerker. Pay back is hell.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:56 PM   #171
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

funny, I thought saying that the statement that "Nellie must go" was a kneejerk statement was part of the topical debate of this website.

I had no idea it was the same thing as directly calling them an stupid.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:56 PM   #172
MikeB
Golden Member

Why?
Other teams do it to us. The only way to become a team that gets away with being physical IS to BE physical CONSISTANTLY.

Why are Mavs fouls touch fouls and Spurs get to grab and hold? They have the consistant rep as a physical team.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:24 PM   #173
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

ATLANTA (AP) -- The wounded Atlanta Hawks, down to nine healthy players, need their long All-Star break in the worst way -- as long as it doesn't affect what's happening on the court.

Stephen Jackson had 11 of his career-high 30 points during an early fourth-quarter rally, helping the Atlanta Hawks beat the Dallas Mavericks 102-96 Monday night.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim added 27 points and 10 rebounds for Atlanta, and Jason Terry had 14 points and nine assists. Both played 44 minutes, including the entire second half.

Reserves Dan Dickau and Chris Crawford were in for seven minutes each, all before halftime, leaving the Hawks with essentially seven players. With the injured list already full, reserves Travis Hansen (ankle), Jacque Vaughn (ankle) and Alan Henderson (back) simply take up space at the end of the bench.

``We hardly got enough people for a layup line,'' center Theo Ratliff said. ``And I don't even want to talk about trying to practice. We've got a lot of bodies injured.''

The Hawks improved to 8-7 over their past 15 games, including three victories in four games. The first of those was over the Minnesota Timberwolves, another top team from the Western Conference.

Atlanta had lost nine straight to Dallas since Jan. 14, 1998, and earned an extra day off when coach Terry Stotts canceled a practice scheduled for Tuesday.

``I thought everybody out there was committed to getting a win,'' Stotts said. ``There were some rough spots, but there are always going to be rough spots. It's a great way to go into the All-Star break.''

Michael Finley scored 24 for the Mavericks, who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Dirk Nowitzki finished with 23, but Dallas was only 5-of-26 on 3-pointers.

``They've been a tough team lately,'' Nowitzki said. ``We should have been better than that. We have to be more focused.''

The Hawks don't play again until Feb. 18, getting an uncommonly long hiatus that stretches through the All-Star game. The challenge will be keeping their solid play going after the layoff.

Dallas led 72-69 at the start of the fourth quarter before Atlanta put together its best stretch this season.

Jackson started the final period by driving for a three-point play against a zone, and Dion Glover followed with a layup off a nifty pass from Terry. After a turnover by the Mavericks, Jackson added another layup -- again off a feed from Terry -- and the Hawks led by five.

``Anytime I play a Texas team, I've got to make them sing the blues,'' said Jackson, who helped the San Antonio Spurs win the NBA title last season.

Dallas got within three a couple of times, the final time on a dunk by Finley with 8:31 left. But the Hawks sealed it at the free throw line. In the fourth quarter, they were 14-of-19.

``We just got our (butts) beat in about every facet of the game,'' Mavericks coach Don Nelson said. ``I never thought that we were really in it mentally like we needed to be. I think it was clear from the first quarter.''

Atlanta finished with seven layups in the fourth quarter.

``That was just coming out, being aggressive in transition and not waiting to see what they were going to do,'' Terry said. ``We were swinging at them all night. They're not known for their defense, so offensively, you know you'regoing to get good looks.''

Notes

Rookie Boris Diaw scored a season-high 10 points. ... The Hawks set a season-high with 36 points in the first quarter. In the next two quarters combined, they had 33. ... The Mavericks return home to play the New York Knicks on Tuesday night, their final game before the All-Star break. ... Atlanta G Jacque Vaughn missed his third straight game with a sprained ankle.... Dallas fell to 13-7 against the East.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:24 PM   #174
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavskiki has obviously decided that the fight should be made public so I will post this in public

Since I am leaving this site and Murphy is the only one on who appears to think that he is a monitor I will leave a little response to you Mavskiki and it will be up for a while for people to see your immaturity.

I PMed you because you called me stupid and then when I told you not to do so you called me a "crybaby". That is out of line. I have stirred up trouble with you but you have stepped out of line by making personal attacks against me that are unrelated to the things being said. Let me remind you.

All these were within the past week

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC Welcome back?

Let's not go overboard
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC Y'all get off her. You're working in far too subtle a conceptual plane to expect her to grasp it.
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC Cry like a girl. I bet you shoot like one too.

I simply wrote to you that you were out of line. I never attacked you, and I never said anything offensive. I just told you never to insult me in public chat. Dont pretend I was attacking you.

You come back with your fancy language. As far as Im concerned it is perfectly legitimate to debate about the legitimacy of whether a "fire nellie" discussion should happen every time the Mavs lose. That is legitimate. Saying that I am dumb is not. That is what you did and I quoted you on it.

If Murphy wants to say that I am playing the victim so be it. I just think that I would draw the line in a different place then he would. I will not be part of a website that condones such activity. I will withold judgement of the site- I just dont want to be in this atmosphere.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:26 PM   #175
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Dumb AND hysterical.

And stay out.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:27 PM   #176
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly game, ugly thread...coincidence? I think not.

Luckily for me I only half-assed watched this one.

It still amazes me how great we can make other teams look.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote