Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #41
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Calling all movie Buffs! help me out!

yeah, I had read great things about american splendor before it came out, but just didn't get around to seeing it.

I saw some of my favorite movies in arthouse type theaters. i remember seeing memento in a "select city" when it first came out. i used to live near the theater in nashville that played lots of independent movies, btu i've since moved further away. now i live next to the "largest seater east of the mississippi" and they use 5 screens for the lates blockbuster alone. doesn't leave much for smaller films.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:40 AM   #42
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Calling all movie Buffs! help me out!

darn it, where can I find American Splendor??? has it come to video or still in theaters?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:28 PM   #43
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default RE:Calling all movie Buffs! help me out!

American Splendor is now out on DVD

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:56 AM   #44
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Monster last night with my wife, and while the acting was superb, it was simply disturbing... I never felt more like BLAH in my entire life as I did after coming out of that theatre... I cant claim it to be the worst movie of all time, but if someone asked me what movie I would NEVER want to see again, I would proclaim Monster the winner... Just disturbing!!!

So the point is to let everyone know to avoid this one at all costs, that is unless you want to be disturbed!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2004, 08:06 PM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna view the Passion of the Christ on Monday.....I'll get you a review after seeing it.....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 11:46 PM   #46
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I saw THE BEST high school comedy the other day. They were having a film festival in College Station this week and on Wednesday they showed Girl Next Door.

This movie is unbelievably well done. Before this movie my favorites in this category were Dazed and Confused, American Pie, and probably The Breakfast Club. Now...it's probably more like a tie for first with Dazed and Confused, IMO.

RUN!!! RUN! Run to see this when it gets to a theatre near you. It won't be until March though til it hits nationwide. Just a great, great comedy with a big heart.