Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #121
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

damn, i want Mexican food right now...I should not have started reading this thread on an empty stomach.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2007, 06:25 PM   #122
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Looks like I haven't posted in this thread yet...

1. Bone Daddy's- BBQ and hot girls. Haven't had anything there that I don't like. The Mac & Cheese, fries, and beans are all great. 75 and Spring Valley ~$10-15

2. Campisi's- Thin crust pizza, all over Dallas

3. Snuffers- If you have a tank for a stomach, you'll love this place. If not, bring some Tums and plan on making it home within 15 minutes of eating. Its a local chain, american food. They are know for their cheese fries. I personally do the spicy battered chicken strips. Be warned, sometimes they aren't that spicy, but other times they make you teary eyed. ~$10

4. Pot Belly's- Sandwiches, chain. Each sandwich is $4, and they are pretty big and meaty. Every sandwich I've had has been great, but I suggest getting an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie there....amazing

5. Houston's- Solid, solid, solid american food. Consistantly good. The servings are big, so if you're on a budget, split an entree. Normally each dish is about $12+. This is a place you take a girl on a date to, or just for a nice night out.

6. Patrizios- There are two locations that I know of- Plano and Highland Park. While Plano is closer for me, the food is better in HP. It is very good italian food, great atmosphere. I think the prices are around $10-15. Dress up and expect to wait at night, but when it isn't busy its a lot more casual.

alright, that's all for now
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #123
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Bari's in denton
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:42 PM   #124
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Bari's in denton
Bari's in Flower Mound
Old 06-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #125
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

i love this thread. you rarely think when you're planning on moving away from someplace that one of the things you'll miss most is the restaurants you frequent. and not just the great places, but even the everyday joints. i can't tell you how pumped i was when they finally opened a whataburger here (jacksonville, fl). every time my wife makes a trip to see the inlaws near tampa, she's required to bring back some scholtzsky's from gainesville.

just thinking about.....
spicy chicken chicken strips and cheese fries at snuffers
an invention from the great outdoors
a dona angelina at angelina's in the colony
a santa fe burger and a chocolate malt from chuck's

the genghis grill, pappadeaux's, tin star, bob's, mother pearl's, mezza luna.

this place is a foodie's nightmare. i've found one really good pizza place and some good seafood (including some awesome crab cakes). other than that, its fast food, bad mexican, and an ayce barn on every corner.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:50 AM   #126
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that when I lived in Denver, I definitely missed the food. Restaurants in general are just bad in Denver....The only places that didn't suck originated in Texas.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:24 AM   #127
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmpeanut
i love this thread. you rarely think when you're planning on moving away from someplace that one of the things you'll miss most is the restaurants you frequent. and not just the great places, but even the everyday joints. i can't tell you how pumped i was when they finally opened a whataburger here (jacksonville, fl). every time my wife makes a trip to see the inlaws near tampa, she's required to bring back some scholtzsky's from gainesville.
I used to live in Jacksonville. (Green cove springs/Orange Park area). You're right, the food did suck there. They have nothing out of the ordinary there, and they lack the ordinary sometimes. There are some good little seafood places scattered all over, but if you want mexican food, forget about it.

Of course, I'm originally from AZ and I think the mexican food sucks here in Dallas personally. But hey, it beats JAX.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #128
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Bari's in Flower Mound just isn't the same since they moved into the nice digs. Food seemed better when it was a hole in the wall.

Frilly's in Denton needs to be mentioned in this thread.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #129
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Of course, I'm originally from AZ and I think the mexican food sucks here in Dallas personally. But hey, it beats JAX.
Mexican food?

Is that supposed to be some sort of cheesy ripoff of Tex-Mex?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #130
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Hi. High tone Dooby, here.

A few weeks ago, I ate here. I highly recommend it.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller

Last edited by Dooby; 06-05-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #131
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Texas Roadhouse. Best ribs I've EVER had, anywhere. And I grew up in Memphis with wet, dry and pulled pork all around.

Grab the rib basket (4 ribs and fries for ~7 bucks). You'll eat the ribs with a fork.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #132
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Went to this Turkish place called "Selim's" in Addison today. It's a chain from Turkey. They have them in Germany and in China as well apparently.

http://www.selims-kebap.com/index.html

They have these sort of pita bread/Gyro sort of big sandwich things with this great veal or chicken. It was different, and it was very good.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #133
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Jeng Chi Bakery off of Greenville Ave.

Not the best ever, but arguably the best place in Dallas to find Chinese dumplings/noodles.

Maybe even arguably best authentic Chinese food =x

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #134
Murphy3
Guru

authentic chinese food is highly overrated. the americanized version is significantly better. the chinese can't do anything right..

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-07-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #135
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
authentic chinese food is highly overrated. the americanized version is significantly better. the chinese can't do anything right..
Americanized version isn't Chinese food =x

Sesame chicken and broccoli beef are for peasants =x

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #136
MissNU

MissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura about

I'll take Indian any day
MissNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #137
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

No one is surprised.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #138
mavsgirl4134

mavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to beholdmavsgirl4134 is a splendid one to behold

Well, I could have used this thread last weekend when my mom and I took a trip to Dallas. The main reason for us going was to go to the Mavs game. But anyway, we really had no idea where the good restaurants were and we didn't want to venture to far off because we probably would get lost haha. We ate at the Y.O Steakhouse in the west end- I actually liked it. We had some brunch thing at a place called the Iron Cactus. That wasn't that bad either. And we ate at this place called the City Tavern, it's some bar type thing but that was pretty good too.

Just to go off subject a tad, we both loved Dallas. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency and had a wonderful view of the city which was really nice. We were only there for 2 days so we didn't get to do as much as I wanted. I definitely would like to go back. Oh yeah, the traffic on I-35 is crazy!
mavsgirl4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #139
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

bump.

Tried a new Thai place in Flower Mound tonight.... "Thai Ruby"..good, not great. But I do love me some Thai.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #140
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Since my office moved to downtown Dallas we've been trying out some of the restaurants in the area.

Huge thumbs up to Twisted Root, Campizis and Uptown Bar and Grill.

Solid thumbs up to El Mercado (I think that's what it's called, in the middle of farmers market) and Sonny Bryans.

Thumbs down to the Original Pancake House. Not terrible, but expensive and not as good a iHop, and to JPeppe's in the Plaza of the Americas. Generic food and fake tortillas.

And a massive, massive thumbs down to The Pickle Barrel, deep in the bowels of the downtown tunnels.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-05-2008 at 08:14 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #141
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I just tired this new place that just opened....I think it was called CiCi's pizza buffet. You should try it...amazing.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #142
Murphy3
Guru

A thumbs down to Pei Wei. I've eaten there many times.. always with other people. Well, I was given a gift certificate recently so I thought I should use it. The food probably isn't bad if you like what's on their menu. But, I'm not thrilled with their menu at all. I must say that the orange chicken just isn't comparable to most generic 'chinese' places that I frequent.

With that being said, a huge thumbs up to Yu's Chinese in Keller. Yeah, I recently had a really, really bad experience there.. but, I stuck with it and the food was great the past couple of times. It has been my favorite chinese place for the past 5 years.. not many places have better generic Chinese.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #143
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Texas Roadhouse. Best ribs I've EVER had, anywhere. And I grew up in Memphis with wet, dry and pulled pork all around.

Grab the rib basket (4 ribs and fries for ~7 bucks). You'll eat the ribs with a fork.
What in the hell is 4 ribs going to do for anyone? That's the bad thing about ribs. I have to have at least a rack.. anything less just doesn't fill me up.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #144
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

all this talk is making me hungry....just found this thread.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #145
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, the resurgence of the food thread shortly after the peak of the pot thread.

Interesting.