Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2021, 03:35 PM   #1
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Mavs facilitate S&T between Heat and Raptors with end result being Lowry to Heat, Dragic to Mavs, and D.Powell + Burke + M.Brown (can he be traded with other players?) or T.Terry to Raptors. Precious also ends up in Toronto. Raptors desperately need some help at the 5, so maybe Powell (the Canadian) would be attractive.

Last edited by purplefrog; 08-02-2021 at 03:37 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:19 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I still don't think Derozan is going to Miami. Stein said they are looking for SnT options for Derozan, meaning he's not taking the MLE to get there. They are also trying to keep Robinson, who reportedly could be offered deals in the 15-20m per range and not lose Herro either.

I'd be legit shocked if San Antonio helped Miami with a SnT when they can't offer them anything to make it worthwhile.
Has to hammered home...if Derozan wants to go there, then they will make it work. Period.

Player. Run. League.

Now, that doesn't mean he won't be open to other teams, but players almost always go where they want to in these types of scenarios.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:44 PM   #3
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Has to hammered home...if Derozan wants to go there, then they will make it work. Period.

Player. Run. League.

Now, that doesn't mean he won't be open to other teams, but players almost always go where they want to in these types of scenarios.
It is a player run league but this isn't a 5 or 10mill discount. In order for Heat to sign him without a SnT the best they can offer is the 9M MLE(x2-3 yrs). He could get 30mill on the open market per year. Off the top of my head I can't name 1 player who took a 21m discount annually or took a deal so cheap it was 1 years salary across 3.

And again all Stein said was that Miami was exploring SnT scenarios for Derozan. No mention of them being the favored that I saw.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:45 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Victor Oladipo could possibly be a 1 year, minimum deal option for the Lakers as the market could be drying up for him. ��

(h/t
@JakeLFischer
on Spaces)

I feel like if stuff like this is true than teams should just offer him 10-15 million just to see how much he really wants to be a Laker. The minimum? The hell?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Victor Oladipo could possibly be a 1 year, minimum deal option for the Lakers as the market could be drying up for him. 🤔

(h/t
@JakeLFischer
on Spaces)

I feel like if stuff like this is true than teams should just offer him 10-15 million just to see how much he really wants to be a Laker. The minimum? The hell?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Looking like another terrible FA per usual. Oh well.

Old 08-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

2 hours
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #8
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

First of a double that someone posted in between.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:23 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #9
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Mark cuban such a big dummy honestly. Lucky got Dirk and Luka otherwise would have been trash for 25 years. SIGN the best unrestricted young players -sg/sf and center. ASSET ACQUISITION. Need get talent don’t over think it - stop being a dummy.
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #10
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Mark cuban such a big dummy honestly. Lucky got Dirk and Luka otherwise would have been trash for 25 years. SIGN the best unrestricted young players -sg/sf and center. ASSET ACQUISITION. Need get talent don’t over think it - stop being a dummy.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:24 PM   #11
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
The best unrestricted young players don't want to come here, what are you talking about?
Old 08-02-2021, 03:26 PM   #12
Amarelooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
The best unrestricted young players don't want to come here, what are you talking about?
Money talks!!! Overpay a little. Instead they do nothing and pickup scraps. BAD MENTALITY.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:22 PM   #13
JustJay

LOL Lakers are still trying to get Buddy Hield, they probably will too. I don't think a team is allowed to continually say no to the Lakers or they get fined 1 million or something.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:29 PM   #14
JustJay

Overpay who what. And by definition if you overpay, that means that player isn't worth that money. If 36 year old Kyle Lowry can get 30 millon, that means anyone decent player will already get overpaid. John Collins will probably get the max. This isn't 2005 anymore, everybody overpays for anyone who's not a superstar. The rare superstar is probably underpaid compared to what decent players get paid.

If it's true Derozan takes the MLE, I guarantee we would have offered more and still got turned down. They just don't want to come here period, and usually other teams can overpay just like we can. We're basically Charlotte or Memphis no one cares about the Dallas Mavericks except us fans.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:33 PM   #15
Amarelooms

Quote:
Overpay who what. And by definition if you overpay, that means that player isn't worth that money. If 36 year old Kyle Lowry can get 30 millon, that means anyone decent player will already get overpaid. John Collins will probably get the max.

If it's true Derozan takes the MLE, I guarantee we would have offered more and still got turned down. They just don't want to come here period, and usually other teams can overpay just like we can. We're basically Charlotte or Memphis no one cares about the Dallas Mavericks except us fans.
Loser mentality like our front office. Get dragic and sign athletic sg/wings. Plenty options out there. Don’t need Timmy hardaway we seen him and not that good. Young players!!!!
Old 08-02-2021, 03:34 PM   #16
JustJay

Did you just say Dragic and get young players in the same post? And Dragic was the only name you could come up with?

I've seen enough from you.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:35 PM   #17
JustJay

Double

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #18
Amarelooms

Quote:
Double
Trading for him with just year left!!! I’m not signing old players to long contracts. Signing YOUNG talent. Then when I have to trade I got assets. Right now we have hardly no young talent. Without that we can’t get better!!!!
Old 08-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #19
JustJay

I tend to believe that report about Derozan and the Knicks. They'll sell him on being king of New York (well, king of Madison Square Garden anyway) and they were a playoff team with good players. They have the cap space. I'm sure the Heat are his #1 choice but only by a sign and trade where he can get close to the same amount, but then the Heat will have to lose some good players and maybe they value those players more than Derozan. I don't know we'll see, but I sure haven't heard any rumor like Dallas and Derozan have mutual interest like the one with the Knicks.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:52 PM   #20
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I tend to believe that report about Derozan and the Knicks. They'll sell him on being king of New York (well, king of Madison Square Garden anyway) and they were a playoff team with good players. They have the cap space. I'm sure the Heat are his #1 choice but only by a sign and trade where he can get close to the same amount, but then the Heat will have to lose some good players and maybe they value those players more than Derozan. I don't know we'll see, but I sure haven't heard any rumor like Dallas and Derozan have mutual interest like the one with the Knicks.
I just hope they have a solid plan. Picking up Willie to me has to signal some kind of plan. He's the definition of a JAG center to me. Picking up his option I hope means they have an idea of how they will use his salary in a trade or they had an idea that Powell was going to be dealt. I really don't want to punt FA with an Oubre signing. I would love Derozan, I would love to trade THJ and Powell for Hield and Bagley somehow, I'd love to trade for Rozier... I mean there are a lot of options that don't make this a failure but damn... I've been conditioned to believe this is where my misery starts.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:53 PM   #21
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, Nico!
Old 08-02-2021, 04:06 PM   #22
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Windhorst says Bulls interested in Derozan via SnT with Lauri and others.

I could see Bulls going for him. Lavine Derozan Vuc is not bad.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #23
JustJay

Quote:
Windhorst says Bulls interested in Derozan via SnT with Lauri and others.

I could see Bulls going for him. Lavine Derozan Vuc is not bad.
Yeah I'm not sure what bonified contender he can go to if not the Heat, or the Lakers if he wants the MLE. He will have to settle for a playoff team like Chicago, New York...or Dallas? I think we're better than either of Chicago or New York personally but Dallas is not Chicago or New York.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #24
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Sheeeeeesh a lot of forgone conclusions and debbie downers up in here, and FA hasn't even started. We've got tabloid links swaying opinion and creating chaos lol I'll check back after something actually happens...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Sheeeeeesh a lot of forgone conclusions and debbie downers up in here, and FA hasn't even started. We've got tabloid links swaying opinion and creating chaos lol I'll check back after something actually happens...
Very much this. Fellow posters, rinse yourselves off before coming back in here from twitter lol.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:14 PM   #26
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Do you guys need optimism to make you feel better about yourself? What difference does it make if some of us don't believe we're going to do well in free agency or not. If we do well, you can rub it in our faces. But who cares either way. Pretty sure it's not true that just because everyone believes in the tooth fairy, it becomes real.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #27
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

No after the last 2 Off seasons and having ppl blow smoke up my ass and try to pass off piles of crap as premium soil with Delon Wright and holding powder for Giannis over Bogdan I'm gonna be pessimistic if I want to be this time.

I'll keep it in check until things are official though.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #28
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you guys need optimism to make you feel better about yourself? What difference does it make if some of us don't believe we're going to do well in free agency or not. If we do well, you can rub it in our faces. But who cares either way. Pretty sure it's not true that just because everyone believes in the tooth fairy, it becomes real.
Can you really argue with Willie?

Old 08-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #29
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
No, but you all are exhausting.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:16 PM   #30
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's the over reaction after every rumor by any random guy reported on Twitter. I totally get the frustration of Mav free agency and am not afraid to pile on here and there.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:21 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Bey not extended.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Bey not extended.
Just about to post this. Curry trade now officially an epic fail. Really can't believe they extend to Hinton but not Bey.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:30 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

THJ and Boban re-signing
Old 08-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #34
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
THJ and Boban re-signing
Well I guess we just hope we spend the rest of the money wisely and make some trades using the contracts we have.

I'm depressed as of this moment though.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:38 PM   #35
Amarelooms

Quote:
Well I guess we just hope we spend the rest of the money wisely and make some trades using the contracts we have.

I'm depressed as of this moment though.
Cuban you dummy. Better not pay thj more than 15-16 a year. Too streaky a player. Not that good.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:45 PM   #36
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
THJ and Boban re-signing
So, let's say they sign THJ ($20M) + Boban ($4M)to $24M. Does that mean they only have about $9M left to spend on other FAs? Can they wait on these signings, sign one or two others, and then go over the cap when they sign their own FAs?
Old 08-02-2021, 04:47 PM   #37
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...10886245535751
Old 08-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #38
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Mavs should be all over that.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:51 PM   #39
Amarelooms

Quote:
Absolutely not. Nothing for restricted players.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:51 PM   #40
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Another Wesley Matthews + Deandre Jordan Deal? Hey Tim... if Collins comes take a starting salary of 14m if he doesn't come though we will give you <insert fort knox here>!!

inb4meltdown.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks