Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I wouldn't re-sign him if I were Warriors GM unless it's a no brainer discount. They are in win now mode and he isn't likely going to help them win next year. I'm sure they can do better than settling with an injured KD who at age 30 isn't old, but he is at the later part of his peak and probably won't return to what he was.
It really doesnt matter because even without KDs salary and declining Livingstons TO, they land around 115m.

So letting Durant go wont help them, specially if they plan to re-sign Draymond next year too.

Not sure if Durant was definately leaving, but i think if the Warriors have the chance to sign Durant to a 4y max deal after he declined his options, they are doing it. And then they are running back the Curry/Klay/Durant/Draymond core until everyone is 33-35y old...

Like i said, Durant wont help next season, but they couldnt replace him anyway if they let him walk...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
It really doesnt matter because even without KDs salary and declining Livingstons TO, they land around 115m.

So letting Durant go wont help them, specially if they plan to re-sign Draymond next year too.

Not sure if Durant was definately leaving, but i think if the Warriors have the chance to sign Durant to a 4y max deal after he declined his options, they are doing it. And then they are running back the Curry/Klay/Durant/Draymond core until everyone is 33-35y old...

Like i said, Durant wont help next season, but they couldnt replace him anyway if they let him walk...
They could theoretically trade him.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #3
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

KD getting max dollars is the easiest prediction of this FA period.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #4
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

The Warriors will do everything possible to keep Durant now. Only way I think he leaves is if he just truly doesn’t want to be there.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Like a long lost love, it’s time for the Mavericks to reconnect with Al-Farouq Aminu
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2019/6...-trail-blazers

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:59 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavsmoneyball just going through every possible FA, huh...
Old 06-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #7
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Mavsmoneyball just going through every possible FA, huh...
Yep. At the beginning of the offseason they made a post saying that was their plan.

If you're curious:

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2019/5...-2019-coverage
Old 06-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #8
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I know I've taken every stance on this but honestly an offseason signing 2-3 mid tier free agents wouldn't be the worst thing. Infuse Beverly, Aminu, Dedmon, and #37 into Luka, KP, Powell, Brunson, and THJ and you have a balanced and deep roster.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:10 PM   #9
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I know I've taken every stance on this but honestly an offseason signing 2-3 mid tier free agents wouldn't be the worst thing. Infuse Beverly, Aminu, Dedmon, and #37 into Luka, KP, Powell, Brunson, and THJ and you have a balanced and deep roster.
These adds would be a huge win IMO. Maintain long term flexibility, develop our core, and compete immediately. If you do this, why not go Brogdon instead of Beverley though?

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 06-12-2019 at 10:11 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:01 PM   #10
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Because Brogdon is going to get a max contract
Old 06-13-2019, 12:55 AM   #11
pocman

pocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura aboutpocman has a spectacular aura about

Guys what do you think about d’Angelo Russel (following rumors or Kyrie to Nets)? The age / overall talent would be awesome but the fit is questionable (ball dominant, not a catch and shooter, 3p% ok but not great)... However he did perform in BK with other ball dominant guards (LaVert and Dinwiddie).
pocman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:51 AM   #12
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
Guys what do you think about d’Angelo Russel (following rumors or Kyrie to Nets)? The age / overall talent would be awesome but the fit is questionable (ball dominant, not a catch and shooter, 3p% ok but not great)... However he did perform in BK with other ball dominant guards (LaVert and Dinwiddie).
He was practically thrown out of LA for some pretty immature locker room behavior, then busted for pot this season. H's exactly the kind of guy you don't need in the Mavs locker room... and I think Carlisle wants no part of that.

I think several people close to the organization have said Carlisle is looking for a veteran presence. That doesn't necessarily mean old, but it does mean that veteran leadership will be important for at least one of the players they get.

As much as I love Brogdon, I'm not sure the Mavs will pay a long-term contract for someone who hasn't been in the NBA that long. That said, the competition for him might be steep. If the mavs were lucky enough to get him, I'd be thrilled... but I think the Mavs might be looking elsewhere. By the way, I don't think he gets a max contract this free agency unless someone dramatically overpays. He's not a superstar. He was a second-round draft pick who has played three years in the NBA. I don't think he has the track record to suddenly become the face of an organization and build a team around him. Only 32 players in the NBA have max contracts, and everybody on this board has heard their names before. There are fans who don't even know who Brogdon is at present. That said, there are organizations dying to throw money at players in order to become relevant, so you never know. I mean we gave Harrison Barnes a max contract.....

Last edited by JJP; 06-13-2019 at 07:16 AM.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #13
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
He was practically thrown out of LA for some pretty immature locker room behavior, then busted for pot this season. H's exactly the kind of guy you don't need in the Mavs locker room... and I think Carlisle wants no part of that.
My god. Busted for pot. What a character flaw
Old 06-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #14
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
My god. Busted for pot. What a character flaw
I dont care about the pot, but that leaked video with Nick Young WAS pure character garbage

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/30/1...zalea-cheating
Old 06-13-2019, 01:05 AM   #15
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Two solid starters are still my preferred outcome, especially now with the KD situation. I'd definitely go for Kemba then D-Lo.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Two solid starters are still my preferred outcome, especially now with the KD situation. I'd definitely go for Kemba then D-Lo.
I think we underrate the overpricing I’d free agents. Seems like guys get overpaid who aren’t stars and stars get market value.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Good center next to KP?

My name is Jonas
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #18
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Good center next to KP?

My name is Jonas
You wanna blow 15m+ per on Jonas?

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-13-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
You wanna blow 15m+ per on Jonas?
Blow? No

Spend yes

15 on Jonas. Dude put up 20-10 for Spurs
8-10 on Beverly
5-7 on a sharpshooter

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-13-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:05 PM   #20
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Blow? No

Spend yes

8-10 on Beverly
5-7 on a sharpshooter
*Grizzlies
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:47 PM   #21
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Blow? No

Spend yes

8-10 on Beverly
5-7 on a sharpshooter
Still makes the Mavs a slow ass team. We need athleticism on the wing. Id absolutely want him if we didnt already have KP. Sharpshooters dont grow on trees.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:40 PM   #22
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Kemba says he is willing to take less than the max to stay with Charlotte, but is open to signing elsewhere.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #23
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Kemba says he is willing to take less than the max to stay with Charlotte, but is open to signing elsewhere.
Even if he took less, Hornets are still in cap hell and would only have the MLE.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #24
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Even if he took less, Hornets are still in cap hell and would only have the MLE.
Exactly. This story will evolve before July 1. If he wants to stay home, make a few all starts, maybe see first round of playoffs, then he will resign. There is no scenario where they compete for a title in the next 4 years.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #25
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Veteran leadership as high character guy, we dont have to run Luka into the ground, they are able to play off each other in the 16-18min they are together on the court.

Im still team Kemba. I like his loyalty to Charlotte but that franchise is going nowhere the next few years. Jordan just sucks and they suck worse in drafting than we pre-Luka.

And Kemba isnt going to the Knicks, last thing he wants is a chaotic crap franchise

Last edited by sefant77; 06-13-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #26
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

If I'm not mistaken, Jonas opted out of a contract for 17 mil. I doubt he takes a contract less than that from anyone.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Jonas opted out of a contract for 17 mil. I doubt he takes a contract less than that from anyone.
He opted out of 1/17

I could see him taking 4/58
Old 06-13-2019, 05:51 PM   #28
JJP

Quote:
He opted out of 1/17

Yes, I just thought that too. The length of the contract is the critical piece.

And the post by melonhead above is probably accurate. Small-ball teams like Golden State this year would run us to death with those two bigs on the court at the same time.

Last edited by JJP; 06-13-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:15 PM   #29
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
He opted out of 1/17

If he takes that I'd be shocked. Extremely shocked.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #30
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

I think Kemba is going to end up in New York after they lose Kyrie to Brooklyn. Kemba going home to New York would make sense.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I think Kemba is going to end up in New York after they lose Kyrie to Brooklyn. Kemba going home to New York would make sense.
If that happens, then someone needs to photoshop Smith Jr’s head On the crying Jordan meme
Old 06-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #32
JJP

Goran Dragic just opted into his contract, so he stays in Miami unless traded.

https://hoopshype.com/storyline/gora...c-free-agency/

Last edited by JJP; 06-13-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #33
sefant77
Guru

No surprise, he is never going to see this money again at his age.

Could be an option for a simple Lee-Dragic switch, if the Heat decide to move on from him
Old 06-14-2019, 12:37 AM   #34
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Klay Thompson tore his ACL as well. Man. Warriors have to punt next year.

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 06-14-2019 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:48 AM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Klay and Durant’s injuries change a lot this summer. They won’t be the same team next season even if both are retained. Now is the time to get as good as you can as quickly as you can.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:39 AM   #36
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Klay and Durant’s injuries change a lot this summer. They won’t be the same team next season even if both are retained. Now is the time to get as good as you can as quickly as you can.
I can't imagine that they'll max out TWO players who probably won't see the floor before next year's All-Star break (if at all)... If Toronto proved anything, it's that every season counts when you're a contender. GSW can't afford to punt next season if it means burning 1/4 of both Klay's and KD's max contracts while paying luxury (and repeaters) tax -- especially when there's a likelihood that Durant never gets back to 100%. The risk of effectively closing their window while Curry/Klay/Dray are still in their prime is too high if they take this route, even more so when you consider the price tag... I think they let KD walk.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-14-2019 at 05:49 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #37
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if AD ends up going to the Lakers for Ingram, Kuzma, and the 4th pick, the West is looking wide open for the first time in years.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #38
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I can't imagine that they'll max out TWO players who probably won't see the floor before next year's All-Star break (if at all)... I think they let KD walk.
Warriors will max both. They have the money
Old 06-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #39
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I can't imagine that they'll max out TWO players who probably won't see the floor before next year's All-Star break (if at all)... If Toronto proved anything, it's that every season counts when you're a contender. GSW can't afford to punt next season if it means burning 1/4 of both Klay's and KD's max contracts while paying luxury (and repeaters) tax -- especially when there's a likelihood that Durant never gets back to 100%. The risk of effectively closing their window while Curry/Klay/Dray are still in their prime is too high if they take this route, even more so when you consider the price tag... I think they let KD walk.
This is what I'm saying.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:04 AM   #40
sefant77
Guru

Yepp...Houston a mess and Harden also reaching 30. Westbrick strongly declining and Thunder in cap hell. Lakers maybe striking Out with AD and in the FA. Clippers maybe striking out too.

Tags
win now