Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Funny thing.. In all my life, I don't know that I've ever met a Jewish person...
how would you know unless you asked or they volunteered the info?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
how would you know unless you asked or they volunteered the info?
That's why I said "I don't know that I have" instead of saying "I haven't met a Jewish person in my life".
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

You might know some iJews! (or is it "eJews"???)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even tell what you guys are arguing about any more.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Me neither!!! (and I'm right in the middle of this thing...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Come on, just go back to the beginning where the attacks started. Everyone was talking about Israel and the United States relationship and questioning it. I made a statement that I felt as a Christian that our relationship in Israel has more to do with bibilical points, so Underdog said that was the dumbest statement he has ever heard and denied the biblical connection between the United States and Israel.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
i have been having an increasingly difficult time figuring out what LANGUAGE people have been arguing in lately...
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Tired head.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
kappasigma

kappasigma will become famous soon enough

whats the point in arguing with these guys? its just supports my point.....

jews #1 loyality is to Israel , NOT AMERICA

that these guys prooved it. When people immigrate here, they keep their culture, but they gain citizenship and become Americans, and they look out for AMERICA'S BEST INTEREST, not their former country.

you can call me names and say this or that....

NO ONE HAS YET TO STATE THE BENEFIT OF OUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL

no point is arguing with people who are not patriots, of course they support what America does for Israel, they benefit from it.

but if your not Jewish, you & your friends are being screwed out of money, lives lost in wars and a greater threat of terrorism than if you did nothing. I should at least get a kiss when i'm being screwed.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappasigma View Post
whats the point in arguing with these guys? its just supports my point.....

jews #1 loyality is to Israel , NOT AMERICA

that these guys prooved it. When people immigrate here, they keep their culture, but they gain citizenship and become Americans, and they look out for AMERICA'S BEST INTEREST, not their former country.

you can call me names and say this or that....

NO ONE HAS YET TO STATE THE BENEFIT OF OUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL

no point is arguing with people who are not patriots, of course they support what America does for Israel, they benefit from it.

but if your not Jewish, you & your friends are being screwed out of money, lives lost in wars and a greater threat of terrorism than if you did nothing. I should at least get a kiss when i'm being screwed.
the blind will continue to be blind....or, to put it another way, you can try and reason with a bigot, but a bigot will still be a bigot.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #11
kappasigma

benefits, anyone? just one benefit? can someone google something?
Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
benefits, anyone? just one benefit? can someone google something?
I googled. I found this.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #13
kappasigma

lol, and look at the posts below it
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 PM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol, and look at the posts below it
Which one? There are 46 posts following that one.

The ones of you claiming nobody had answered your question?

Do you have any interest in carrying out a discussion, or are you just trolling the political forum?

I have a feeling its the latter.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-24-2008 at 12:18 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, not a big deal. Keep up the good posting.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Have Obama come to your house and ask him a question that he and his brownshirts don't like....You'd better get ready for it.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...e.html?sid=101
Quote:
Government computers used to find information on Joe the Plumber
Investigators trying to determine whether access was illegal
Friday, October 24, 2008 8:57 PM
By Randy Ludlow
The Columbus Dispatch
"State and local officials are investigating if state and law-enforcement computer systems were illegally accessed when they were tapped for personal information about "Joe the Plumber."

Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher became part of the national political lexicon Oct. 15 when Republican presidential candidate John McCain mentioned him frequently during his final debate with Democrat Barack Obama.

The 34-year-old from the Toledo suburb of Holland is held out by McCain as an example of an American who would be harmed by Obama's tax proposals.

Public records requested by The Dispatch disclose that information on Wurzelbacher's driver's license or his sport-utility vehicle was pulled from the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles database three times shortly after the debate.

Information on Wurzelbacher was accessed by accounts assigned to the office of Ohio Attorney General Nancy H. Rogers, the Cuyahoga County Child Support Enforcement Agency and the Toledo Police Department.

It has not been determined who checked on Wurzelbacher, or why. Direct access to driver's license and vehicle registration information from BMV computers is restricted to legitimate law enforcement and government business.

Paul Lindsay, Ohio spokesman for the McCain campaign, attempted to portray the inquiries as politically motivated. "It's outrageous to see how quickly Barack Obama's allies would abuse government power in an attempt to smear a private citizen who dared to ask a legitimate question," he said.

Isaac Baker, Obama's Ohio spokesman, denounced Lindsay's statement as charges of desperation from a campaign running out of time. "Invasions of privacy should not be tolerated. If these records were accessed inappropriately, it had nothing to do with our campaign and should be investigated fully," he said.

The attorney general's office is investigating if the access of Wuzelbacher's BMV information through the office's Ohio Law Enforcement Gateway computer system was unauthorized, said spokeswoman Jennifer Brindisi.

"We're trying to pinpoint where it came from," she said. The investigation could become "criminal in nature," she said. Brindisi would not identify the account that pulled the information on Oct. 16.

Records show it was a "test account" assigned to the information technology section of the attorney general's office, said Department of Public Safety spokesman Thomas Hunter.

Brindisi later said investigators have confirmed that Wurzelbacher's information was not accessed within the attorney general's office. She declined to provide details. The office's test accounts are shared with and used by other law enforcement-related agencies, she said.

On Oct. 17, BMV information on Wurzelbacher was obtained through an account used by the Cuyahoga County Child Support Enforcement Agency in Cleveland, records show.

Mary Denihan, spokeswoman for the county agency, said the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services contacted the agency today and requested an investigation of the access to Wurzelbacher's information. Cuyahoga County court records do not show any child-support cases involving Wurzelbacher.

The State Highway Patrol, which administers the Law Enforcement Automated Data System in Ohio, asked Toledo police to explain why it pulled BMV information on Wurzelbacher within 48 hours of the debate, Hunter said.

The LEADS system also can be used to check for warrants and criminal histories, but such checks would not be reflected on the records obtained by The Dispatch.

Sgt. Tim Campbell, a Toledo police spokesman, said he could not provide any information because the department only had learned of the State Highway Patrol inquiry today.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #17
kappasigma

the mexican guy with the sign "juan the plumber" was pretty funny
Old 10-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #18
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

With Obama in charge, press better not ask tough questions or they will lose access. The Obama campaign cancelled all future interviews with this reporter (whom they'd done a lot of softball interviews with in the past) when she asked Biden about ACORN, "spread the wealth," and "Obama will be tested" all in one sitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_wQgWviZ8

Once they kick in the fairness doctrine, how long will it be until the government starts shutting down or buying up companies they don't agree with?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #19
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
With Obama in charge, press better not ask tough questions or they will lose access. The Obama campaign cancelled all future interviews with this reporter (whom they'd done a lot of softball interviews with in the past) when she asked Biden about ACORN, "spread the wealth," and "Obama will be tested" all in one sitting.

Once they kick in the fairness doctrine, how long will it be until the government starts shutting down or buying up companies they don't agree with?
that lady didn't ask "tough questions", she asked ridiculous questions.

I wouldn't give her a minute of my time either.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #20
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that lady didn't ask "tough questions", she asked ridiculous questions.

I wouldn't give her a minute of my time either.
If Palin were to answer questions about her wardrobe (let alone what she thinks of abortion clinic bombers) with "Is that a joke?" and then the McCain campaign were to shut off all access for the questioning reporter, would this be your response?
Old 10-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #21
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
If Palin were to answer questions about her wardrobe (let alone what she thinks of abortion clinic bombers) with "Is that a joke?" and then the McCain campaign were to shut off all access for the questioning reporter, would this be your response?
the questions were absurd, she quotes marx as if there were some connection. even fox news would be embarrassed if one of their reporters acted like that.

she was a tool. that was a ridiculous charade of an interview.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

As someone said.

No Soup For You!

Quote:
WFTV Channel 9’s Barbara West puts increasingly erratic, super-gaffetastic Joe Biden on the hot seat over ACORN, voter fraud, and Barack Obama’s “Spread the wealth” comments.

The result?

Best interview of Joe Biden ever.

The increasingly erratic, super-gaffetastic Biden was so upset that the campaign canceled an interview West’s station had scheduled with his wife, Jill. The Orlando Sentinel reports:

Quote:
Why did Barack Obama’s campaign cancel a WFTV-Channel 9 interview with Jill Biden, wife of Sen. Joe Biden? The campaign cited “an unprofessional interview” WFTV’s Barbara West did Thursday with Joe Biden. In a statement Friday, Adrianne Marsh, Florida spokeswoman for Obama’s campaign, said the station, in talking with Sen. Biden, was “both combative and woefully uninformed about simple facts.” Marsh said West’s insistence that Obama was an organizer for ACORN was “100 percent false.” “In a line of questioning that would make Rush Limbaugh proud, West even went as far as to quote Karl Marx, a Communist icon, in a disturbing attempt to associate Barack Obama with socialism,” Marsh wrote. West said, “I think I asked him some pointed questions. . . . I don’t think I was rude or inconsiderate to him.”
She was completely professional and gracious.

But remember: Anything less than total sycophancy from the Obamedia is considered “combative.”

Keep Barbara West in your thoughts and prayers. She can expect the Joe the Plumber treatment any minute now.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-26-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

Sounded like she just didn't beat around the bush with it. It gave biden an opportunity to address them straight on. Everyone of those questions have been asked (not by anyone in the msm) but by the McCain campaign.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #24
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Sounded like she just didn't beat around the bush with it. It gave biden an opportunity to address them straight on. Everyone of those questions have been asked (not by anyone in the msm) but by the McCain campaign.
questions aren't valid if they come from the right. If they come from there, then they consitute unprofessionally nasty behavior on the part of the press, who are supposed to be for Obama / Biden.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #25
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
As someone said.
what exactly is "joe the plumber treatment"? does she get on national shows, dozens of interviews and her family entertained in nyc like he did?
Old 10-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
what exactly is "joe the plumber treatment"? does she get on national shows, dozens of interviews and her family entertained in nyc like he did?
That would be having her taxes investigated, her privacy invaded(possibly illegally by the guvment systems), her garbage gone through and a bunch of lunatic leftists trying to find dirt on her.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wow. THAT's how you handle tough questions with grace and aplomb, not to mention a stick of your own. If there is any doubt about the relative political skills of the two campaigns, this should completely erase it. Biden managed not only to not need a Sarah Palin Lifeline, but also to turn the thrust of the questions back at the questioner. His last answer was particularly incisive, for its pith and steadfastness.

Last edited by chumdawg; 10-25-2008 at 11:36 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you guys are turning into 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #29
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Wow, you guys are turning into 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
I come to realize that it may not be the true face of a select few here who refuse change that Obama represents. It is clear it is desperation on their part.

Here are two quotes that comes to mind:

"What is most original in a man’s nature is often that which is most desperate. Thus new systems are forced on the world by men who simply cannot bear the pain of living with what is."

"There exists, at the bottom of all abasement and misfortune, a last extreme which rebels and joins battle with the forces of law and respectability in a desperate struggle, waged partly by cunning and partly by violence, at once sick and ferocious, in which it attacks the prevailing social order with the pin-pricks of vice and the hammer-blows of crime."
Old 10-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I come to realize that it may not be the true face of a select few here who refuse change that Obama represents. It is clear it is desperation on their part.

Here are two quotes that comes to mind:

"What is most original in a man’s nature is often that which is most desperate. Thus new systems are forced on the world by men who simply cannot bear the pain of living with what is."

"There exists, at the bottom of all abasement and misfortune, a last extreme which rebels and joins battle with the forces of law and respectability in a desperate struggle, waged partly by cunning and partly by violence, at once sick and ferocious, in which it attacks the prevailing social order with the pin-pricks of vice and the hammer-blows of crime."
O'Bama O'Bama O'Bama
Old 10-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #31
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
O'Bama O'Bama O'Bama
Need I say more?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #32
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Source your stuff, man.

I want to know what nutty blogs you read.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #33
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there was a Toledo Police Department search. PWNED.

Quote:
Clerk charged with unlawful search of Joe the Plumber
Link

Toledo Police have confirmed that a TPD records clerk is accused of performing an illegal search of information related to 'Joe the Plumber.'

Julie McConnell, has been charged with Gross Misconduct for allegedly making an improper inquiry into a state database in search of information pertaining to Samuel Wurzelbacher on Oct. 16.

Wurzelbacher came under the spotlight after being spoken about during the final presidential debate between Barack Obama and John McCain.

The inquiry into Wurzelbacher's record is a violation of department and state policy governing the use of the Law Enforcement Automated Data System. The clerk is under fire for making the inquiry for a non-law enforcement purpose.

McConnell was hired by the Toledo Police Department in April 1995 and assigned to the Investigative Services Bureau.

A discplinary hearing will be scheduled within the next ten days.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #34
dude1394
Guru

Thomas Sowell and the Obama Court..
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/pri...d_the_law.html
Quote:
Obama and the Law
By Thomas Sowell

One of the biggest and most long-lasting "change" to expect if Barack Obama becomes President of the United States is in the kinds of federal judges he appoints. These include Supreme Court justices, as well as other federal justices all across the country, all of whom will have lifetime tenure.

Senator Obama has stated very clearly what kinds of Supreme Court justices he wants-- those with "the empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old."

Like so many things that Obama says, it may sound nice if you don't stop and think-- and chilling if you do stop and think. Do we really want judges who decide cases based on who you are, rather than on the facts and the law?

If the case involves a white man versus a black woman, should the judge decide that case differently than if both litigants are of the same race or sex?

The kind of criteria that Barack Obama promotes could have gotten three young men at Duke University sent to prison for a crime that neither they nor anybody else committed.

Didn't we spend decades in America, and centuries in Western civilization, trying to get away from the idea that who you are determines what your legal rights are?

What kind of judges are we talking about?

A classic example is federal Judge H. Lee Sarokin, who could have bankrupted a small New Jersey town because they decided to stop putting up with belligerent homeless men who kept disrupting their local public library. Judge Sarokin's rulings threatened the town with heavy damage awards, and the town settled the case by paying $150,000 to the leading disrupter of its public library.

After Bill Clinton became president, he elevated Judge Sarokin from the district court to the Circuit Court of Appeals. Would President Barack Obama elevate him-- or others like him-- to the Supreme Court? Judge Sarokin certainly fits Obama's job description for a Supreme Court justice.

A court case should not depend on who you are and who the judge is. We are supposed to be a country with "the rule of law and not of men."

Like all human beings, Americans haven't always lived up to our ideals. But Obama is proposing the explicit repudiation of that ideal itself.

That is certainly "change," but is it one that most Americans believe in? Or is it something that we may end up with anyway, just because too many voters cannot be bothered to look beyond rhetoric and style?

We can vote a president out of office at the next election if we don't like him. But we can never vote out the federal judges he appoints in courts across the country, including justices of the Supreme Court.

The kind of judges that Barack Obama wants to appoint can still be siding with criminals or terrorists during the lifetime of your children and grandchildren.

The Constitution of the United States will not mean much if judges carry out Obama's vision of the Constitution as "a living document"-- that is, something that judges should feel free to change by "interpretation" to favor particular individuals, groups or causes.

We have already seen where that leads with the 2005 Kelo Supreme Court decision that allows local politicians to take people's homes or businesses and transfer that property to others. Almost invariably, these are the homes of working class people and small neighborhood businesses that are confiscated under the government's power of eminent domain. And almost invariably they are transferred to developers who will build shopping malls, hotels or other businesses that will bring in more tax revenue.

The Constitution protected private property, precisely in order to prevent such abuses of political power, leaving a small exception when property is taken for "public use," such as the government's building a reservoir or a highway.

But just by expanding "public use" to mean "public purpose"-- which can be anything-- the Supreme Court opened the floodgates.

That's not "a living Constitution." That's a dying Constitution-- and an Obama presidency can kill it off.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

The chicago way...

http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...E4MWVlNDYxNWE=
Quote:
The Messianic Style [Victor Davis Hanson]

Individually, the extra-electoral efforts are irrelevant. But in the aggregate, they start to add up. In 1996 Obama goes to court, challenges the petition signatures of mostly African-American voters, and gets all his rivals eliminated from the ballot and so de facto runs unopposed.

In 2004 sealed divorce records were strangely released destroying the chances of his chief Democratic rival Blair Hull; then in the general, lightning again struck, and Republican front-runner Jack Ryan's sealed divorce records were likewise mysteriously released—and he too crashed, in effect, leaving Obama without a serious primary or general election rival.

In this campaign, Acorn galvanizes to register voters and almost immediately runs into serial charges of voter registration fraud. Now an Obama ad runs asking Americans simply to take the day off to help get out the Obama vote: apparently American businesses, universities, and the government all are supposed to sacrifice hundreds of millions of dollars in lost collective work days to subsidize the Obama campaign in order "to change history"?

When one marries all that with the swarming of radio stations when someone like Stanley Kurtz goes on, the threats to go to court to stop ads, or the blacklisting of TV stations who dared to conduct tough interviews, the same old pattern reappears of by any means necessary. And in turn the explanation for all that?

The messianic style—the cosmic tug to "change history", or stop the seas from rising or the planet from heating, juxtaposed with the creepy faux-Greek columns, Michelle's "deign to enter" politics snippet, the fainting at rallies, the Victory Column mass address, the vero possumus presidential seal, and the 'we are the change we've been waiting for' mantra—reflects the omnipresent narcissism: the exalted ends of electing a prophet always justify the often crude and all too mortal means.

If this is considered 'right', I'd rather be wrong with McCain.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:24 AM   #36
chumdawg
Guru

Just wondering if there is anything more meaningless in this forum than dude posting an article.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #37
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting that article, dude. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by kg_veteran; 10-29-2008 at 07:53 AM.
kg_veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #38
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

For Obama's thugs, the truth is not up for you to evaluate.

http://www.transterrestrial.com/arch..._me_wrong.html
Quote:
Prove Me Wrong, LA Times

OK, since we're apparently free to use our imagination, here's what I think happened at that party.

There are PLO and Hamas flags decorating the room, along with Che and Mao posters. Khalidi, Ayers and Obama are slapping each others' backs, raising their glasses and toasting the upcoming destruction of the racist Zionist entity, all the while laughing at the thought of the final Final Solution. Obama says, "You know, when I take over, the first thing I'll do is withdraw all aid from those fascist kikes, and I'll give the Palis a couple nukes." Then he turns to Ayers, and asks him if he's come up with any fresh schemes for mass murder of the millions of recalcitrant capitalists, so that they can be implemented in the first one hundred days. After dessert, they get out an American flag, crumple it up on the floor, and jump up and down on it, shouting "Death to Capitalism, Death to America."

No?

That's not how it went down? Well, prove me wrong, LA Times. Show the tape.

[Late morning update]

Doug Ross writes that he has gotten a tip from a person who claims to have viewed it:

Reason we can't release it is because statements Obama said to rile audience up during toast. He congratulates Khalidi for his work saying "Israel has no God-given right to occupy Palestine" plus there's been "genocide against the Palestinian people by Israelis."

It would be really controversial if it got out. Tha's why they will not even let a transcript get out.

Yes, don't want to have a little controversy disturb an upcoming coronation.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #39
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

yup.. that is credible.

I can even add to it. THis girl I met at camp said that her mom used to work for Sarah Palin and that her family invited the Palins over for a BBQ, and the Palins brought the severed feet of her political opponents doused in marinade to grill. Gross! Oh yeah, and the girl, she let me go to third base with her.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #40
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
yup.. that is credible.

I can even add to it. THis girl I met at camp said that her mom used to work for Sarah Palin and that her family invited the Palins over for a BBQ, and the Palins brought the severed feet of her political opponents doused in marinade to grill. Gross! Oh yeah, and the girl, she let me go to third base with her.
That is incredible. That is a very credible story and I am glad you backed it up with a reference. See, I knew you could be a McCain thug if you really wanted to..

Was it hard to do it?

Tags
fluffalicious, got a bit fluffy in here, lefty bigotry, mind readers now, my god- people are idiots, silk's healthcare lies, the sacrificial lamb