Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #201
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I predicted 3 or 4 but still I knew he wasn't going to be gone for the playoffs, even though he deserves 20 lifetimes.
You owe me some fake money.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #202
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMavsFan View Post
Apparently from long range.
Brilliant!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #203
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

We're going to have to beat LA and OKC anyway in the first two rounds to make a legit run I'm beginning to think I'd rather face the Lakers first (without MWP) and then the Thunder, than get through to the WC Semis and face the Lakers with MWP back in the lineup.

After that, we can take down Memphis/SA. I'd talk about the finals, but you know, I don't want to get ahead of myself and guess who we'd be playing there.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #204
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
We're going to have to beat LA and OKC anyway in the first two rounds to make a legit run I'm beginning to think I'd rather face the Lakers first (without MWP) and then the Thunder, than get through to the WC Semis and face the Lakers with MWP back in the lineup.

After that, we can take down Memphis/SA. I'd talk about the finals, but you know, I don't want to get ahead of myself and guess who we'd be playing there.
MWP doesn't make or break the Lakers at all and really hasn't been much of a factor in the Mavs/Lakers series since he got to LA. They don't even run plays for him. His good game last meeting was the result of Kobe not being there.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #205
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Artest isnt named Bynum or Gasol so I still think the Lakers are a bigger threat than Thunder.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #206
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless, if we have more than a first round win in mind, makes sense to me to want the Lakers at less than full strength.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #207
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Regardless, if we have more than a first round win in mind, makes sense to me to want the Lakers at less than full strength.
Yep, especially since we'd be facing them at full-strength in the second round anyway if we managed to slip past OKC in the first...

You want to get the Lakers while they're weak.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-25-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #208
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yep, especially since we'd be facing them at full-strength in the second round anyway if we managed to slip past OKC in the first...

You want to get the Lakers while they're weak.
I say OKC in the first round. Beat them, get to the second round, hand these out to all the Mavs players, and dominate.

“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #209
tc29

tc29 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
I say OKC in the first round. Beat them, get to the second round, hand these out to all the Mavs players, and dominate.

Winner! That is awesome.
tc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #210
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

lol

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #211
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Lovin the way it covers your cheeks... This is pretty sweet. My favorite part is where it says: "Available in all NBA team colors, with the exception of the Bobcats, who are basically a college team." LMAO

Last edited by sbibi; 04-25-2012 at 03:08 PM.
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #212
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:

LOL WIN.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #213
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Oh geez, Stern just mentioend in a conference call that there may be back to backs in the 2nd round.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #214
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Rather than back to backs, I wish we could do best of 5 series...7 games is a little too much, especially on the first round...
Old 04-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #215
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

That's some serious BS.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #216
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Oh geez, Stern just mentioend in a conference call that there may be back to backs in the 2nd round.
Yeah, that was reported as soon as the lockout ended. You can drop the "may".
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #217
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Are you stinking kidding me. I've already gotten screwed this season having to buy tickets to preseason games and now they are talking about b2bs during the playoffs.

I may seriously be done.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #218
MavericksRule

MavericksRule can only hope to improve

Quote:

I thought you put him on perma-ignore. How could you see his post if you had done that.

Or were you just lying.
MavericksRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #219
MavericksRule

Quote:
Peace and go ahead and make an angry response I'm leaving you on permaignore so I won't be reading it.
You couldnt have seen that he was banned if you did what you said. Liar.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #220
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Guess whos back with an obvious different alias, it's c_man.

c stands for c*nt.

How did it feel to get banned? Oh and you won't be staying around long with this alias either, book it.

How do you feel about post #116? Just curious.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-25-2012 at 07:07 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #221
MavericksRule

Quote:
Guess whos back with an obvious different alias, it's c_man.

c stands for c*nt.

How did it feel to get banned? Oh and you won't be staying around long with this alias either, book it.

How do you feel about post #116? Just curious.
Are you slow or something. Half retarded maybe.

Oh, and Ill make sure to book it. lol.

Last edited by MavericksRule; 04-25-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #222
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Half retarded maybe

Last edited by Bayliss; 04-25-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #223
MavericksRule

Yes! Denver won. It's now likely we will play OKC instead of LAL in the first round.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #224
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Yes !
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #225
MavericksRule

Quote:

lol
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #226
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Do mavs still try and drop tomorrow's game in Atlanta? If they win, and somehow Denver loses, Dallas faces the lakers. Thoughts?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #227
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Mavs have played a B2B in the playoffs before.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #228
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Do mavs still try and drop tomorrow's game in Atlanta? If they win, and somehow Denver loses, Dallas faces the lakers. Thoughts?
Thoughts ?

MAVS won't win.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #229
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

FYI, NBA announced Game 1 schedules. Mavs will be @Lakers on Sunday or @Thunder on Saturday.

Saturday: TBD-vs-Chi, TBD-vs-Mia, TBD-vs-OKC, Orl-Ind
Sunday: Bos-Atl, Utah-SA, LAC-Mem, TBD-vs-Lakers

(Source: Howard Beck)

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #230
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Mavs have played a B2B in the playoffs before.
Yes and it absolutely sucked as a basketball game. A complete customer ripoff.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #231
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Stern may direct a LAL-OKC 2nd round matchup to kick up ratings. Either team is a tough matchup, to win it all you have to beat the best, right now OKC seems to be that....though they have just finished 7-7 to end the season.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #232
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Very underrated point and don't know if already mentioned:

Thunder tried hard to beat Nuggets last night, so Mavs not on everybodys wish-list after all.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #233
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
FYI, NBA announced Game 1 schedules. Mavs will be @Lakers on Sunday or @Thunder on Saturday.

Saturday: TBD-vs-Chi, TBD-vs-Mia, TBD-vs-OKC, Orl-Ind
Sunday: Bos-Atl, Utah-SA, LAC-Mem, TBD-vs-Lakers

(Source: Howard Beck)
Can LAC still get homecourt? B/c that makes Sunday a bit tricky.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #234
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Very underrated point and don't know if already mentioned:

Thunder tried hard to beat Nuggets last night, so Mavs not on everybodys wish-list after all.
Finished up 7-7.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #235
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Can LAC still get homecourt? B/c that makes Sunday a bit tricky.
Yes, Memphis has to win tonight against Orlando to clinch HC.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #236
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Bump.

Because Ill be damned if we ever forget post #116 and the absolute comedy gold that followed.

No but really of all my years on the internet this thread is some of the funniest stuff Ive ever read.
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #237
soundchaser
Banned

soundchaser is infamous around these parts

soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #238
soundchaser
Banned

soundchaser is infamous around these parts

soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags